GLADEVILLE – Future District 9-AAA rivals met at Wilson Central on Wednesday April 12 as the Lady Wildcats played host to White House. The Lady Blue Devils, who were moved up in the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association’s (TSSAA) recent re-classification, will be making the move from A-AA to AAA. Wilson Central proved to show its future rivals little hospitality at White House left Wilson County with a 7-0 loss to the Lady Wildcats.
Wilson Central vaulted out to a quick 2-0 lead after the opening doubles round with seniors Jennifer Beckham and Lani Lee pairing together at the one doubles spot to claim am 8-0 win over Savannah Corbitt and Danielle Rappuhn.
Wilson Central (6-3) continued to keep the pressure on as Beckham sprinted to an 8-2 victory over Olivia Talley at number four singles, while Lee quickly added another point by defeated Rappuhn 8-3 at the number two position.
Junior Cassie Joslin rounded out the scoring for Wilson Central as she defeated Jordan White 8-1.
Freshmen Cara Proctor and Hannah Spoon claimed an 8-2 win in exhibition doubles play.
1. Jacey Staggs (W) d. Savannah Corbitt (WH) 8-2
2. Lani Lee (W) d. Danielle Rappuhn (WH) 8-3
3. Savannah Westbrook (W) d. Lauren Myers (WH) 8-1
4. Cassie Joslin (W) d. Jordan White (WH) 8-1
5. Jennifer Beckham (W) d. Olivia Talley (WH) 8-1
1. Beckham/Lee (W) d. Corbitt/Rappuhn (WH) 8-0
2. Staggs/Westbrook (W) d. Hutcherson/Myers (WH) 8-3