HENDERSONVILLE—-The Wilson Central boys tennis team eased past Station Camp at Memorial Park on Wednesday afternoon in a District 9-AAA matchup.
The Wildcats opened with a pair of 8-2 wins in doubles as seniors Akbar Rahmani and Houston Wood claimed a quick victory at the number 1 doubles position while junior Andrew Denning and Michael Mercante quickly solidified the 2-0 lead for the Wildcats heading into singles play.
Wilson Central (3-0 in district, 4-0 overall) kept applying the pressure as Rahmani was quickly off the court with a 6-0, 6-2 win over Robert Smith to put the Wildcats to within a point of clinching the match at 3-0.
Mercante soon answered the call with a 6-1, 6-0 rout of Jackson Cook. Wood earned a 6-2, 6-1 victory at the number 2 singles position.
Junior Braden Hammer added another win with a 6-3, 6-1 win over Austin Bible while Denning downed Josh Biggs 8-0.
The Wildcats were to have played Thursday March 30 at Hendersonville, however, with weather concerns in the area the match was postponed to a yet to be determined date.
Wilson Central boys 7, Station Camp 0
1. Michael Mercante (W) d. Jackson Cook (S) 6-1, 6-0
2. Houston Wood (W) d. Evan Savaloja (S) 6-2, 6-1
3. Akbar Rahmani (W) d. Robert Smith (S) 6-0, 6-2
4. Braden Hammer (W) d. Austin Bible (S) 6-3, 6-1
5. Andrew Denning (W) d. Josh Biggs (S) 8-0
1. Rahmani/Wood (W) d. Savaloja/Smith (S) 8-2
2. Denning/Mercante (W) d. Bible/Cook (S) 8-2
Sean Moran (W) won 8-3
Hammer/Moran (W) won 8-0