LEBANON The Wilson Central Wildcat tennis team traveled to Boyd-Rushing Courts to take on Lebanon in the District 9-AAA opener for both squads.
The Wildcats claimed a hard-fought 4-3 win over Lebanon with senior Houston Wood pulling out the deciding match with a 7-5, 6-3 win over Lebanon junior John Kelley.
Wilson Central (1-0 in District 9-AAA, 1-0 overall), started the day with wins at the one doubles position with Wood and senior Akbar Rahmani defeating Kelley juniors Giovanni Santos and Kaleb Jasper 8-5.
The win was quickly followed up with a win from Wilson Central junior Andrew Denning who handled senior Gavin Duvall 8-3.
Lebanon (0-1, 1-1) got on the board with a win at two doubles as Kelley and junior Tyler Gavin defeated junior Braden Hammer and Michael Mercante.
Santos defeated Rahman 6-4, 6-1 at three singles, and Jasper defeated Hammer 6-3, 6-1 at the four singles
Wilson Central 4, Lebanon 3
- Michael Mercante (W) d. Tyler Gavin (L) 6-2, 6-1
- Houston Wood (W) d. John Kelley (L) 7-5, 6-3
- Giovanni Santos (L) d. Akbar Rahman (W) 6-4, 6-1
- Kaleb Jasper (L) d. Braden Hammer (W) 6-3, 6-1
- Andrew Denning (W) d. Gavin Duvall (L) 8-3
- Rahmani/Wood (W) d. Jasper/Santos (L) 8-5
- Gavin/Kelley (L) d. Hammer/Mercantie (W) 8-3
Sean Moran (W) d. Elijah Alexander (L) 8-3