GLADEVILLE—The Wilson Central Boys tennis team made quick work of District 9-AAA foe Gallatin taming the Green Wave 7-0 at Wilson Central High School.
The Wildcats controlled the action early as Wilson Central (4-0 in district, 5-0 overall) stormed out of the gate with a 2-0 lead by sweeping both the doubles positions.
Seniors Akbar Rahmani and Houston Wood continued their undefeated start to the season with an 8-1 win over Caden Brown and Houston Haynes at the number one position.
Junior Andrew Denning and sophomore Michael Mercante quickly added to the lead for a 8-3 win over Justin and John White.
Mercante, who has started the season undefeated in singles play, earned a 6-1, 6-1 win over Justin White followed by Wood’s 6-1, 6-4 win at number two singles over Brown.
Rahmani had a back-and-forth match with Haynes before claiming an 8-6 win at the number three position.
That was quickly followed by junior Braden Hammer’s 8-5 win over Noah Miller, and Dennings’s 8-1 win over Alan Hickson.
Wilson Central will host White House on Wednesday, April 5. The Wildcats will be back at home on Friday as they entertain Station Camp in a non-district meeting. Both matches are scheduled to begin at 4 pm.
Wilson Central boys 7, Gallatin 0
1. Michael Mercante (W) d. Justin White (G) 6-1, 6-1
2. Houston Wood (W) d. Caden Brown (G) 6-1, 6-4
3. Akbar Rahmani (W) d. Houston Haynes (G) 8-6
4. Braden Hammer (W) d. Noah Miller (G) 8-5
5. Andrew Denning (W) d. Alan Hickson (G) 8-1
1. Rahmani/Wood (W) d. Brown/Haynes (G) 8-1
2. Denning/Mercante (W) d. Justin White/White (G) 8-3